Sunday, January 17, 2010

Interview: Bout Dat Money Music




Tae:
What is Bout Dad Money Music and how do you stand out from being another run of the mill producer?

BDMM:
Bout Dat Money Music a production company founded by me, LCD.  What sets me apart from these other cats is the broad range of things I can accomplish musically. I have a signature sound but I also can make almost any kind/style of track. I’m also a songwriter and engineer, so I really don’t have to leave home for anything.

Tae:
What inspired you to become a producer?

BDMM:
I grew up in a musical family… starting taking piano lessons at age 4, also took saxophone lessons for a while. My father’s been composing music on the piano for as far back as I can remember and my younger brother’s in school for music production and engineering as well. Basically, I didn’t choose music, music chose me.



Tae:
Who would you say influenced you the most musically?

BDMM:
Besides my pops, I’d say Dr. Dre. His productions are like movies. The composition, arrangement, instrument and sound choices, the mixes, everything about Dre’s work is top notch and definitely influenced my musical ear.

Tae:
Who are your top 5 artists?

BDMM:
I got a squad that can see any of the “Top 5” in the game right now, so I don’t even have a list to give you. No disrespect to everyone that’s out now, but I’m not checking for them.


Tae:
What kind of equipment do you use?

BDMM:
I have Pro Tools running on a Mac, Roland keyboards, Yamaha monitors, Audio-Technica microphones running thru an Avalon


Tae:
Is there any advice you’d like to give upcoming artists or producers?

BDMM:
Be true to yourself and true to your craft. If your music isn’t genuine, the people will know. Work hard and align yourself with like-minded individuals to find the right recipe.

Tae:
What upcoming projects are you working on?

BDMM:
I’m part of a new group based out of Atlanta called “HOMEGROWN”, I’m producing the whole album. Also got mixtapes by Ice the Villain, Pizo and Lil Dee on deck, the 2nd FNFG mixtape, and some other projects that are still under wraps. I'M WORKING HARD!

Tae:
How can people get in touch with you?

BDMM:
www.twitter.com/BoutDatMoney
www.boutdatblog.com - as all the projects get done they will be on the blog
bdmbeats@gmail.com

Tae:
Thank you for the interview is there anything else you would like to add?

BDMM:
2010 is full of opportunities for LCD and Bout Dat Money Music. Stay tuned for what’s in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment