Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Interview - Lil Dee Gods Gift


There's something about certain artists that stand out to me. I have met Lil Dee on several occasions, when it comes down to it, he's not your average artist. I got a chance to sit down with him, chop it up and homie had some good stuff to say.


Tae:
Tell me about Lil Dee Gods Gift.

Lil Dee:
I'm a 21 yr old artist born and raised in New Orleans on a mission to make good music and change peoples lives.

Tae:
What makes you stand out from other hiphop artists?

Lil Dee:
I would have to say the fact that I don't curse in my music and I rap about my life. Everyone's life is different but everyone doesn't rap about what their going through. In my music I give you everything you need to know about me and I feel thats rare now days.



Tae:
Being a younger artist, does it have any setbacks as a musician?

Lil Dee:
At first when I was in school it took its toll with me not being able to get in some spots to perform , but there are good things about me being so young doing this music. So at the end of the day, I think it equals out well.

Tae:
Who would you say influenced you musically?

Lil Dee:
I listen to all types of music so I would have to say Biggie, Nas, a band called "Boston" would be my biggest. Being around and working next to Kenoe helped me out a lot at a young age.

Tae:
Where did you get your name an what made it stick?

Lil Dee:
Well, I get the Lil Dee from my family, my dad is Big Dee so its only right that I'm Lil Dee. The second half, Gods Gift came in when I was 15, I felt like God gave me a gift and me using His gift is my present back to him.

Tae:
What upcoming projects are you workin on?

Lil Dee:
I'm working on a new mixtape set to drop Christmas day, I'm also working on a live mixtape with the band FlowTribe and in the process of puttin together my first dvd tape.

Tae:
How can people get in touch with you?

Lil Dee:
You can reach me via email at bookinglildee@gmail.com or on twitter @LilDeeGodsGift

Tae:
Thank you for your time, is there anything that you would like to add?

Lil Dee:
I wanna shout out Tae for giving me this interview! The whole Zone Gang and download "The Spokesman" Mixtape at LilDeeGodsGift.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment