Thursday, November 4, 2010

Interview - Thais Mills of LipServiceInk





Tae:
Tell me about Thai.


Thais:
I'm a quiet, fun loving nerd from Eastern New Orleans who started a few dot coms. I Love my family, adore my friends and lust books. Literacy is my core passion... 

Tae:
What inspired you to create Enticing Objects?

Thais:
I taught Creative Writing and Arts n Crafts to camp kids the summers of going to high school. Me and the kids would make these amazing fun items and camp kids moms started asking personalized art for party favors etc. That was 10 years ago.. Once in college I started producing an open mic ( called LipServiceInk ) that year and offered my " objects " after the show. My stage name is " Enticing " soooooo the rest is www.EnticingObjects.com history.


Tae:
What inspired you to start lipSERVICEink? 

Thais:
After Hurricane Katrina I went from having 5 weekly columns in cool local magazines to none in Houston after the storm. My therapy was losing myself in books... I read more than I ever read in my life.. I read my pain away.. Some of it at least. Literacy intensified in my world. Now 4.5 million bookmarks later I ask all stars what they read.

Tae:
How would you describe your artistic style?

Thais:
Losing everything I owned and started over in Houston with no family or friends and only 600 dollars in my account. I'm more humbled now than ever. I take more time to smile than whine and I cater to my family more. 

Tae:
What can people expect from you in 5 years?

Thais:
That I'm hopefully alive and well enough to enjoy a crisp breeze on my face with healthy happy friends and family. Each day is a new opportunity to make money, that's easy... The hard part is finding peace within to enjoy it all.

Tae:
Where do you see yourself in the art realm?

Thais:
Painting for Kimora Lee Simmons really opened my eyes to how amazing art is. It pulls the common likeness out of any two people. I'm just happy to make a living for something I'd glady do for free. I'm a humble student in the art realm, I'll always be a student of Visual art.


Tae:
How can people get in touch with you?

Thais:
www.LipServiceInk.com is the magazine, www.EnticingObjects.com is the art store and www.CreativeEditingandWriting.com is the service. Tae I'm so proud of how you give a window of voice to so many. Long live The Sweet Lyfe Blog !! - thai

No comments:

Post a Comment