Monday, April 19, 2010

*Interview* Haziq Ali


Haziq - Freedom/Hussla (directed by 6ix Shoota) from tabi Bonney on Vimeo.
 
Who is Haziq Ali and how do you stand out from being another run of the mill rapper?

I'm a serial entrepreneur and motivational speaker who decided to pour the principles that have brought him success; for instance, I started my first business in Junior High and made 60 Minutes; into his music. I'm different from other rappers because I do motivational hip-hop "U-Can-DO-It Music" designed to make you feel more powerful as you sing along rather than be distracted or made to feel hopeless.

What inspired you to become a rapper?

I feel like music actually affects minds. Music more than public speaking, more than poetry, or movies, etc. Hip Hop especially, is singularly equipped to transmit information. It is education and entertainment all in one. It can be a weapon or a tool and I decided I was going to be part of the solution and choose to use mine to build.


Who would you say influenced you the most musically?

Artists like Eminem and Kanye West who rose from the underground "backpack culture" to the top of pop culture inspire me the most. However, I am also enthralled by the branding genius of phenoms like Lady Gaga.

What can people expect from you in 5 years?

You can expect me to be acting and affecting the pop culture of the world. I'll be internationally known as both a speaker and an artist.


What upcoming projects are you working on?

I'm working on my blog, pushing my album, and creating new material constantly to prepare for the times when the world is clamoring for more from me.

How can people get in touch with you?

They can reach me via Twitter just type in HaZiQ, HaziqAli.com, haziqali.wordpress.com, myspace.com/theRhyme, or via Facebook at Haziq Ali.

Thank you for taking your time to speak with us, is there anything you would like to add?

"If you can grind, you can shine- that's the good news."

No comments:

Post a Comment