Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Interview with Lanino Brown

Tae had a chance to talk with New Orleans native, Lanino Brown. Here's what she had to say:
Tae:
For those that are not familiar with you, tell us a little about yourself


Lanino:
The name's Lyiena aka Lanino Brown from New Orleans, the name comes from my big cousin. She said I was the girl version of Nino Brown from the movie "New Jack City" because of my hustling skills...in and out of the booth. I've been rapping since I was around 10 years old, but I didn't pursue it career wise until as of recently, because of failed attempts when I was a teen. I've previously worked with 6-Shot, Blaqnmild, Joker, Na'Tee, Extreme Entertainment, Fleur De Lis Ent. and Acelo at the Chapel Studios.

Tae:
Where are you from and when did you start rapping?

Lanino:
I'm from New Orleans, downtown, mainly 7th ward, but I've also lived in the 6th ward and have strong affiliations there. Started rapping at 10, because my big brothers used to rap and I picked up on it and found I was actually better than them. Then it was on to school yard battles, beating the fellas, to the 9 o-clock props to almost signing a deal with Sony. Then I got out of high school and got a boyfriend and started school, and pushed rap to the back.


Tae:
What makes Lanino stand out from other female artists that are out, especially now?


Lanino:
I think the thing that makes me stand out is my femininity. I can spit like the guys, but I still have a voice that the girls would listen to. There's nothing fake about me, just giving the people the real...the stuff that they can feel.

Tae:
As a new artist, what do you feel that you can bring to the game as far as a female emcee is concerned?


Lanino:
I feel I can bring music that a female can relate to and vibe to at the same time. Now a days every rapper is all punchlines, no stories, nothing for people to actually relate to. I think I will bring that story telling back that made people "feel" the music that they listened to.
Tae:
So, we saw your video at the Jay Z concert, do you think that influenced you in any way to start spitting in a more serious light?


Lanino:
The Jay-Z performance definitely played a part in me beginning to rap again. It was my second time performing with him and well like they say lightening don't strike in the same place twice. I kind of felt like I belonged there on the stage and I think I held it down nice if I say myself,(laughs) I felt like playing on the whole Jay-Z vibe would really help out a lot as far as to me actually getting somewhere in the music business. Like Hov once said, "He's the new marketing plan.

Tae:
Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?


Lanino:
In the next 5 years, really I see myself as a married, retired housewife (laughs) so the sooner I get a deal the better.

Tae:
How can people get in touch with you?

Lanino:
For booking they can call 504-352-1232. They can follow me on twitter @laninobrown or www.myspace.com/laninobrown and my YouTube page is youtube.com/LBM330.

Tae:
Thank you again for the interview, do you have any additional comments?


Lanino:
It was nice speaking with you and thanks so much for the opportunity to be featured on your blog. You're such a sweetheart. Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment