Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Jay Electronica - The Ghost of Christopher Wallace


So, I took a listen to Jay Electronica's new track, The Ghost of Christopher Wallace and here are my thoughts.

First things first, the track is hot, Jay Electronica's word play is immaculate, but there was too much Diddy and not enough Jay . The track was produced by Diddy and was a good look on Jay Electronica's part because it was his first collaboration with him, not to mention, it was a "Nod to Biggie". I felt Diddy did quite a bit of over talking, but Jay Electronica has a passion for his music point blank. Given Diddy's record past of ruining careers back in the 90's, I don't think it's a good look. The track was six minutes long, Jay takes two minutes give or take to pay homage, to the deceased MC and Diddy spends the next four "trash talking". I literally had to figure out if there was going to be another verse or not. Overall, I give the track a thumbs up on Jay Electronica's part but as for the Diddy feature, I would have left well enough alone.

Listen to the track: Jay Electronica (feat Diddy) - Ghost of Christopher Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment