Saturday, March 13, 2010

Interview Chubby Nate


Tae:
Tell me a little about yourself.

Chubby Nate:
I'm Chubby Nate, I was born & raised in New Orleans. I released my first work as part of the group, Underground Spokesmen in 2004 and recently made my solo debut "Street Speech" in 2009. I don't make music for fortune or fame, this is an art. I do this for the LOVE of it!

Tae:
What got you into music and production work?

Chubby Nate:
In my teens, I found it an easier way to display my thoughts and feelings because of the things I was dealing with. I was just trying to find balance and I found therapy in the music.

Tae:
Who would you say has influenced you musically?

Chubby Nate:
My early influences go back to MJ, Frankie B and Maze, Prince and The Isleys, but later, I was intringued with the lyricism and story-telling of Scarface, Nas, Mobb Deep, Outkast, Biggie, Wu, Pac and UGK coincidentally a lot. (Laughs) I LOVE  GOOD MUSIC!

Tae:
What do you think is missing most from hip hop right now?

Chubby Nate:
I  think people's passion for the art has become complacent. I could remember listening to songs where verses were like pieces to a puzzle.

Tae:
What upcoming projects are you working on now?

Chubby Nate:
I'm working on my follow-up project, "The Balance: Books & Blocks". I'm also working on my group, BoscoSluggaz, mixtape along with features and songs on Water, HardHead Productionz and my protege, King.
Tae:
How can people get in touch with you?

Chubby Nate:
You can contact me on Twitter or on  facebook.com/ChubbyNate.

Tae:
Thank you again for your time, is there anything you would like to add?

Chubby Nate:
Nothing is wrong with dreaming, you stop living when you do! Again I would like to thank you for this opportunity. Two fingers.

1 comment: