Monday, March 15, 2010

Interview NOLABelle



Tae:
For those who may not know you, could you tell us about yourself?

NOLABelle:
Well, I am 26 years old, native of Marrero on the Westbank. I went to high school and college in North Carolina. I’m a Legal Assistant by day and a freelance Publicist by day and night. (Laughs). I have a B.A. in Criminal Justice with a minor in Dance. I am addicted to sports, some say obsessed, my favorites are baseball, football and basketball, but I also enjoy Soccer. I love to laugh and have a good time and I really enjoy my work as a Publicist.

Tae:
How did you begin doing work as a publicist? 

NOLABelle:
I actually started about 2 years ago by doing some work for my church. After that I linked up with Steve Dubb from The Hut Studios who in turn introduced me to Chuck ‘Lyrikill’ Jones who became my first client. Now I have 5 clients, Lyrikill, Wes B., The ICU, JayB August and DJ Mike Swift/In Ya Box Entertainment. But I love it and I’m learning everyday.


Tae:
Where do you see yourself in 5 years as far is music is concerned? 

NOLABelle:
In 5 years, I hope to be one of the best Publicists in the business, hopefully with the same clients I have now.

Tae:
What do you think is missing most from artists today?

NOLABelle:
Passion. I think most people see it as a get rich quick scheme. There’s a shortage on artists who actually work and develop their craft, someone who respects the culture and its history and hard-workers.

Tae:
What advice do you have for upcoming artists, or even publicists?

NOLABelle:
Ummm, I’m new myself feels kind of weird giving advice, BUT, I will say stay true to yourself because when you lose yourself, you have nothing.

Tae: 
How can we get in touch with you?

NOLABelle:
Email: nicoya.hogan@gmail.com and Twitter: http://twitter.com/NOLABelle83

Tae:
Thank you so much for your time, before we go, do you have anything you would like to add?

NOLABelle:
I run a blog which caters to up and coming artists which will soon feature samples from producers and mixes from DJ’s I’m always looking for new music to add to it. I have a Featured Artist of the Week as well. http://nolabelle83.blogspot.com and artists/producers/DJ’s feel free to send me what you got!

No comments:

Post a Comment