Thursday, March 4, 2010

Interview - Lee of Zone Gang

 
Tae: For those that are not familiar with you, tell us a little about yourself.

Lee: Well, my name is Brandon Lee Cyprian A.K.A. Lee, I was born and raised in New Orleans La, I am 23 years old and is currently with an up and coming rap label that goes by the name of ZoneGang and I've been rapping for about 6 or 7 years now.

Tae: How would you describe your music?

Lee: Well I describe my music as being pretty diverse, I make tracks on the Hip Hop and R&B side of things, I make a few real songs and I can switch it up and make some songs for the ladies as well. I plan on getting my singing on in the future. (Laughs)

Tae: Is there a certain type of age group you are trying to reach out to in your music?

Lee: Im trying keep it pretty diverse so its roughly between like 18 and older, depending on the music material it can be younger

Tae: What inspired you to get into the music industry?

Lee: I've always been around music, I grew up around family that would always sing or was involved with something in music so I'd have to say my family.
Tae: Who would you say influenced you the most musically?

Lee: For me it was most of the artists in the 504 (New Orleans), I grew up listening to the Hot Boys, Mystical, P.N.C. and a lot of otha cats so my influence comes from home.

Tae: Is there any advice you would like to give upcoming artists?

Lee: Just stay focused and keep on telling yourself that you are made for bigger and better things and don’t let anything get in your way, make sure u keep GOD first.

Tae: What upcoming projects are you working on?

Lee: I have my first mix tape called “Down 2 Bizness” that I'm finishing up and I'm working on my second one as we speak, still need a name for it but it will come to me sooner or later, I also have a few upcoming shows with my homie Lil Dee.

Tae: How can people get in touch with you?

Lee: People can reach me on Twitter,  www.Twitter.com/Lee_Zonegang, I have a link to my myspace on my twitter page so yall can peep some of my music, u can also email me at Leezgmusic@gmail.com and check out the you tube page, http://www.youtube.com/user/LeeZoneGang

Tae: Thank you again for speaking with us, is there anything that you would like to add?

Lee: Yea shout out to my whole ZoneGang fam for sticking with ya boy through everything. You all are greatly appreciated and thank you Ms. Tae and Sweet Lyfe Blog for the interview, GOD BLESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment