Thursday, December 17, 2009

Interview: Supa Produca D. Bottz



Houston is the birthplace of a lot of hot rappers. Many people don't sit and think about who made the beats. Tae had a chance to sit down with D. Botts of Bottz World Productions, here's what he had to say:


Tae:
Who is D. Bottz and how do you stand out from being another run of the mill producer?

D. Bottz:
D. Bottz is your unaverage ordinary cat from Houston that has and always will make real music!!

Tae:
What inspired you to become a producer?

D. Bottz:
I’ve been playing the drums since I was 4, and started tinkling the keys around 18. I got a job at Guitar Center and a friend told me I needed to produce. 10 years later (Pause) here I stand.

Tae:
Who would you say influenced you the most musically?

D. Bottz:
Well, I can listen to it all, from Jazz to R&B, Abstract to Gospel, Hip Hop to rap, soul to classical. I’m not really influenced by one particular genre, I just love it all.


Tae:
Who are your top 5 artists?

D. Bottz:
Wow, my top 5? Hmm, right now I’d say, Ryan Leslie, T.I., T. Pain, UGK and Kanye.

Tae:
What kind of equipment do you use?

D. Bottz:
I’m still an old school analog dude so I’m still on the MPC as the brains of the operation (ie. 2000, 2000XL, 4000). I have every board that’s the standard Fantom, Triton, Motif, Nord and Pro Tools.

Tae:
Is there any advice you’d like to give upcoming artists or producers?

D. Bottz:
The only advice I’d give is to produce what you feel and not what you feel. (Laughs) Think on it.

Tae:
What upcoming projects are you working on?

D. Bottz:
I’m currently working on Bun B, Mya and D. Woods from Danity Kane and a few local gospel projects.

Tae:
How can people get in touch with you?

D. Bottz:
I can be reached via MySpace www.myspace.com/bottzworld, Facebook or on my website, www.bottzworld.com which will be up in January 2010.

Tae:
Thank you for the interview, is there anything else you’d like to add?

D. Bottz:
Thank you and be on the lookout for Bottzworld in 2010. Be Blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment