Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Interview with 504-Dubb


Tae:
Who is 504 Dubb and how do you stand out from being another run of the mill producer?

Dubb:
The name is Steve "504-Dubb" aka "Dubb" Wade, and what makes me different from the "carbon copy" producers out here is that I don't have a closed mind when it comes to music. I'm willing to try anything with my music if it makes it sound like a Musical Masterpiece!


Tae:
How would you describe your music?

Dubb:
I would have to say "Daring". I can do anything from Old School Hip Hop, Rap or New Hip Hop there is a difference, R&B, Slow Jams, Neo Soul, Rock, Gospel, YOU NAME IT! I will take something as little as a classic cello and flip it on some hip hop shit. Or better yet, take something from Sesame Street and do something very interesting with it. Yes I have a Sesame Street Beat! (Laughs)

Tae:
Who would you say influenced you the most musically?

Dubb:
I would have to say my family, my brothers in music (you know who you are), but mostly my kids, Layla-3 and Dubb Jr-2. My goal is to give them a 2 Acre backyard to play in, oh and a full college education paid for. Old school R&B and Hip Hop as well. I really don't listen to much of the radio now because I'm always on my iPod/iPhone with either Old School Jams, my music, Spit Raw, A. Levy, Lyrikill or Tygah Woods.

Tae:
Who are your top 5 artists?

Dubb:
TOP 5? WOW! It's kind of hard for me. I have lists that are broken down into categories mostly. I'll give you my Top 5 Most Lyrical Assassins List then, (Laughs). Eminem, Jay-Z, Lupe, Nas and Canibus and if you're reading this and have a problem with it you must not know real hip hop then.


Tae:
What kind of equipment do you use?

Dubb:
In The Hut Studio I use a Motif Keyboard , Phantom Rack, MPC 1000 that's rarely used by me, Pro Tools 8 which is used for recording, mixing only for me, and "My Bread & Butter" – FL Studios 9 XXL. I'm a real software dude so on FL, I'm a real expert with it.

Tae:
Is there any advice you'd like to give upcoming artists or producers?

Dubb:
Find your own style, Partner with other producers that are not like you (better in other areas), Always work with an open mind, Get Your Business game in order, and the #1 Rule: Copyright your shit...I repeat…COPYRIGHT YOUR SHIT!!!

Tae:
What upcoming projects are you working on?

Dubb:
I'm currently working on the "Super Ugly" album which features Lyrikill, A.Levy, SpitRaw, Slangston Hughes, EDnix, and Lyriqs. As well as Suave's upcoming project for next year, Lyrikills upcoming Album, SpitRaw's Solo Album, A.Levy's New Album, and The Hut Studios and SoundClash Mix Tape.

Tae:
How can people get in touch with you?

Dubb:
On Twitter , Facebook , The Hut Studios Facebook Group Page, Reverb Nation, and The Hut Studios located at 1401 S.Rendon NOLA.

Tae:
Thank you for the interview is there anything else you would like to add?

Dubb:
First thing first, Thank You and I appreciate everything that you are doing for up and coming artist and won't forget you when I make it to the top. So, I'll leave you with 2 quotes that I live and die by every day: "You're only as good as your last day" –Grandpa and "A Closed Mouth Don't Get Fed" – Dubb.


1 comment: