Sunday, December 27, 2009

Interview with El Williams of The SoundClash



Tae:
Tell me about El.

El:
I Am That Dude © Lyrikill

Tae:
What is SoundClash?

El:
Soundclash is a producer competition, artist showcase, and networking mixer.


Tae:
What inspired you to be involved with SoundClash?

El:
I am part owner of a company OnPoint Solutions and we design websites and at the times we were doing cd duplication. I also wanted to be a part of an effort to help unify the underground hip-Hop scene.




Tae:
Who are your top 5 artists?

El:
Lyrikill, TheSekondElement, A.Levy, Tygah Woods, Truth Universal, Dee-1

Tae:
What do you think is missing from hip hop right now?

El:
Nothing hip-hop is straight.

Tae:
What was your first professional job, feelings and outcome?

El:
I’m in the military. I’ve been in for 12 years. I have mixed emotions but it’s like most things in life you have to take the bitter with the sweet I suppose. The outcome, that chapter is yet to be written.

Tae:
What has been your biggest event to date?

El:
I would say all events are big events because someone networks and helps further the cause. If anything, the biggest event was when we did a producer showcase with Raj Smoove, NO Bricks, and some other producers throughout the city. Another big event was the Ladies First show that happened but didn’t happen. (Laughs) After several obstacles we were getting ready to start and the power went out. We had a very good turnout and response and people were disappointed the event didn’t go on.

Tae:
Is there any advice you’d like to give upcoming artists, promoters, and dj’s?

El:
Get your paperwork straight. In the words of Mannie Fresh, "Don’t do homie business because that usually doesn’t turn out well. You think we straight this my homie and he wouldn’t do that to me. Yes, he/she will."
 
Tae:
How can people get in touch with you?

El:
Williamsel79@gmail.com, www.twitter.com/el_williams or www.facebook.com/elwms

Tae:
Thank you for taking your time out to sit with me.

El:
You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment