Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Interview with Bishop




Tae:
Tell me a little about yourself.


Bishop:
I'm a producer out of New Orleans, LA (Westbank). I've been producing for about 5 years now but I didn't take it seriously until after Katrina. I do pretty much new hip hop and rap but I'm looking to take on R&B and pop in the next year or so. I'm one of the talented in house producers at the Hut Studios.



Tae:
What got you into music?

Bishop:
Well when I was younger, I started off rapping in 2003 with a group called Lights Out in high school. That lead me into producing because we really didn't have the money for beats. I left the rapping alone because I felt it wasn't me and focused more on the production side. But just that feel of creating music was in me and I had a need to release it. But that's really how I got my start in music.

Tae:
Who would you say has influenced you musically?

Bishop:
I would say my father first because he always pushed me and he also sees my potential. I would also say "GREAT MUSIC"! If you can create music that could possibly change someones life for the better then you have my vote. That's why Timbaland is one of my favorite producers, the dude is great at what he does. My team as wells, cant forget about them (laughs)

Tae:
What do you think is missing most from hip hop right now?

Bishop:
Where to start? (laughs) It's really missing PASSION! Now days its about who can stay in the club longer, I mean its cool and all but it sounds to gimmicky! It's like listening to the same broken record to me. Also representation, most artists don't make music that represents them, they make music to make money. There is nothing wrong with that, but where is the love, where is the real you? There are so many artist who have that love for their craft but are being overlooked to get to the next big one hit wonder.

Tae:
What upcoming projects are you working on now?

Bishop:
As of now im curenntly workin on A. Levy, Spit Raw, Super ugly, Stone cold, will spitz, and whole bunch of other artist projects! 2010 is going to be busy, busy, BUSY for me! (laughing) But hopefully it pays off im in fill grind mode right now.

Tae:
How can people get in touch with you?


Bishop:
I can be reached via email which is bishop247@gmail.com, twitter.com/Bishopt504 or hit me up on myspace.com/soundcheckent.


Tae:
Thank you again for your time, is there anything you would like to add?

Bishop:
No problem Ms. Tae, anytime! Oh yeah, be on the look out for The Hut and Troopgang its a movement! I want send out just a few shout outs to Dubb, A.Levy, Stoney, Turner, City Sparks, S80, Jae Chamberz, Spit Raw, Guient, and Mighty Joe!


2 comments: