Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Sweet Lyfe Blog Interview: Clif Soulo


California has birthed some of the finest rappers and hip hop artists that vary in style.  This artist comes from Oakland, CA and has his own Hip Hop/Soul twist. After listening to some of his work, and hooking up with the right producers, Clif Soulo can easily be added to the list of rappers out of California. Check out what he has to say to The Sweet Lyfe Blog:




Tae:
For those that are not familiar with you, tell us a little about yourself.

Clif Soulo:
So wassup! My name is Clif Soulo. I’m an aspiring emcee from Oakland, California. I’ve been doing music for about 2 ½ years now. I’m a regular guy, I just happen to rap. And when I say regular, I mean I work a 9-5, I chill at the crib with mismatch socks from time to time, eat some honey bbq fritos while watching LOST on my computer because my lady is watching The real housewives of Atlanta.



Tae:
How would you describe your music? (This is after listening to Forever Be Hip Hop)

Clif Soulo:
I would describe my music as honest, dope hip-hop, that I hope touches people’s souls.

Tae:
Who are your top 5 artists?

Clif Soulo:
In no particular order, but T.I., Jay-Z, Common, Snoop Dogg and DJ Quik. (Little Brother could easily be in there, but they are a group, so it’s kind of unfair).

Tae:
What category would you place your music in and if you could name the sound/type of music, what would it be?

Clif Soulo:
I would place my music in the category of Hip-Hop/Rap/Soul. In terms of my sound, I’ve asked my brothers, friends, family, random people I’ve met on twitter ( @clifsoulo btw), and the one response I always get is “you have a hip-hop sound”.

Tae:
How can people get in touch with you?

Clif Soulo:
Via twitter @clifsoulo or http://www.twitter.com/clifsoulo, hit me on aim at clifsoulo, or my blog at http://whoisclifsoulo.blogspot.com my latest project is available for download at http://clifsoulo.bandcamp.com/.

Tae:
Is there anything else you would like to add?

Clif Soulo:
Thank you for being interested enough in me and my music to want to interview me. I really appreciate it. Keeping rocking with me, this is only the beginning. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment