Monday, October 26, 2009

The Sweet Lyfe Interview with Miss Paula of Candy Flavas

I have had the chance to network with so many people via Twitter and I suggest that you all do the same. Networking can get you a lot of places, believe me. The Sweet Lyfe Blog had the chance to speak with the CEO of a company who I feel is on the verge of breaking some barriers after all that they have been through and the visions to come; I can’t wait to see the global response for these hard working young ladies. Check out the interview with Miss Paula of Candy Flavas:


Tae:
Tell me about yourself.

Miss Paula:
I'm a songwriter, singer, entrepreneur and hopeless achiever. I'm very energetic and off the wall in person. I love myself and it shows in my walk, the way words roll off of my tongue and the way I treat those in my circle. Most people say I am aggressive. I would say that I'm assertive and I refuse to allow people to conduct business with me in a way that is unsatisfactory to me. One thing is for sure...I see what I want very clearly in my mind. I see it in full color, which makes it very easy for me to seek and fulfill. I owe much of my success in life to music (apart from God and my parents) because it has allowed me to connect and engage with people from all backgrounds. Through the lyrics I write, I connect the pieces of who I am, with who you are.

Tae:
What inspired you to create Candy Flavas?

Miss Paula:
Candy Flavas was created from music, oddly enough. In 2005 I would visit NJ/NYC clubs wanting to sing and needless to say, the doors were slammed in my face (laughing). I created a calendar called; Miss Paula Candy Flavas and it featured 12 females, including myself. I distributed the calendar through the Tri-State area and it allowed me to gain access to clubs by having the girls do calendar signings! The project had average success, but would later birth Candy Flavas as we know it today. I knew the name was catchy, but did not want to always rely upon humans (the girls) to be the product. Sitting in my living room one day I came up with a company that would connect product with lifestyle. The products are based around a Saturday night theme: You've taken your shower and used your Candy Body Love Scrub and you slip into your Candy Flavas boy shorts and tee, light a Candy Flavas All Natural Soy Candle (which comes in 20 Flavas) and take it easy! Candy Flavas was born in 2008 with an objective to encourage our clients to love their earth and themselves, in a fun and sexy way!

Tae:
How would you describe your style?

Miss Paula:
I am actually very conservative in the way I dress and very liberal in the way I think. I love the Gap, 80% of my wardrobe is from that store! An ideal outfit for me is some skinny jeans, a stripe top, a cardigan and some jazzy flats with my Sak tote. I am always on the go, so I save my stilettos for events and special occasions.

Tae: Diva Style

Tae: 
What can people expect from you in 5 years?

Miss Paula:
In 5 years, Candy Flavas will be in every home whether it’s our lip-gloss or body scrubs or candles or sheets, we will be a part of many generations. Our company stands on faith and believing in oneself to achieve anything. We want that energy in your home, the most personal space one has. I plan to develop Candy Flavas Music and Movie division by 2012, releasing music and film projects from member of our All Star Candy Flava Girls Team. There is also plans to have a Candy Flavas Sorority through our Dream Big Initiative, which will launch in 2010. The Dream Big Initiative will help aspiring young ladies, from urban communities in the US, go to college or continue on their path of greatness at trade or arts schools. Through our Dream Big line of products, we will donate a percentage of sales to support this cause. So, where do I see myself; hopefully affecting the world in a positive way.

Tae:
Where do you see yourself in the street wear scene?

Miss Paula:
In 2011, Candy Flavas will release its first jean and active wear line of clothing from denim to cute sweat suits. While we plan on keeping our clothing inexpensive, we will also release an upscale line of fun and sexy pieces.

Tae:
How can people get in touch with you?

Miss Paula:
I am no one man army at Candy Flavas. I have a partner who handles the Marketing aspect with me, her name is Tyra Renee. We can be reached at www.candyflavas.com or on Twitter www.twitter.com/CandyFlavas. Our website is very user friendly and easy to order from, so come and join our family and experience putting FLAVA in your life

Tae:
Thank you for your time, is there anything else you would like to add?

Miss Paula:
This is just a little side note, I was inspired to create Candy Flavas because I know and understand that my happiness could never be wrapped into someone else's dream. I love people and having this company allows me to connect with doctors, environmentalists, politicians, mothers, college kids, children, entrepreneurs...you catch my drift! I am challenged by making this company relevant in our world right now. The world is definitely changing and we must take action, small and large, to do our part for making it a "greener" society. Why not do that with us, at Candy Flavas! My music is also found at www.imeem.com/misspaulaflava and www.myspace.com/paulamiss, feel free to check out my music and learn more about me and my journey as a songwriter and owner/partner of Candy Flavas LL.


No comments:

Post a Comment