Thursday, October 29, 2009

Sweet Lyfe Blog Interview: Na'Tee






The Queen of the Solar System is what she has dubbed herself. One of the most lyrical female rappers out of New Orleans since Mia X. To date, there is no other female that the streets have been able to compare her to. She surpasses a lot of the standards that we set for female rappers. The Sweet Lyfe Blog got a chance to sit down and talk with Na'Tee here's what she has to say. 







Tae:
For those that are not familiar with you, tell us a little about yourself

Na’Tee:
Well, to many people, I can be described as many things. Some people say I'm the best thing to happen to the New Orleans female rap scene since Mia X. Some people say I'm the best female they've heard period and according to my fans, I'm on my way to becoming one of the greatest lyricist of all times. Although I agree with them all, to me, I'm just a 22 year old female rap artist grinding to make a name for myself in the game.

Tae:
Where are you from and how long have you been in the music industry?

Na’Tee:
I'm from a section in New Orleans called the 3rd Ward. It’s Uptown off Delachaise & Tonti to be exact. I'll be making 23 in December so I would say I've been rapping for about 13 or 14 years. True shit. I started writing when I was 7 or 8 and recorded my first song at 10. I wasn't the greatest lyricist in the world, but as I grew older people around my neighborhood who were established in the music industry like KLC (produced for the like of Master P, Ludacris, B.G., T.I.), Soulja Slim, and other local celebrities, would hear me spit and tell me the same thing "You're gonna be a star." So I stuck with it.

Tae:
What makes Na’Tee stand out from other female artists that are out, especially now?

Na’Tee:
There aren't too many females out now; at least not getting mainstream attention. The females, who are, mainly focus on being all kinds of other shit, like Harajuku Girls and Barbie’s. I'm an artist, I’m an entertainer. So my main focus is my music. I write my own shit, my bars are WAY better, my flow is crazier. I'm doing it on my own and the streets respect me for that. I'm not a Barbie. Barbie’s are fragile. I'm from New Orleans, I don't break that easy.



Tae:
What upcoming projects are you working on?

Na’Tee:
Well, I have several projects in which I am working on simultaneously. I was just featured on 3 installments of Coast2Coast mix tapes for Fleet DJ Ykcor. I’m also co-producing this MAJOR, all female, project with DJ Lady Blaze who's also another Fleet DJ from the DMV. That project's going to be big because we had females from all over the world submit music for this tape and we got a few big names on there. I have placements on Warner Bros/Asylum artist, Lil Cali and Trill Ent artist, Mouse's new project, Sony artist, Philly Swain's new joint. Like I said, I have a few things popping. One of the most important is my solo project which is entitled, "Guess Who's Coming 2 Dinner." It’s dropping next month and it'll be hosted by The Empire who did a lot of projects with Lil Wayne, Gucci Mane, Young Jeezy, and a host of others. That bitch is going to be crazy!!! My first single, "I Don't Love ‘Em," from my upcoming tape was released last week and has been getting a lot of great feedback from here to Miami, New York, Philly and more. My intentions are to shoot a video for every joint on the mix tape, which will of course get play on my personal video show, Na'Tee TV on http://3dnatee.ning.com

Tae:
Where do you see Na’Tee in the next 5 years?

Na’Tee:
In 5 years I see myself being referred to as one of the greatest female lyricist of all times. Most people say, I see myself being rich and famous, and yeah, I see that too. But that shit is going to come one way or another, my main goal is to be a mogul. Now it might take less or longer than five years but that is what I'm aiming for.

Tae:
How can people get in touch with you?

Na’Tee:
I'm a Twitter head so you can always contact me on Twitter, follow me at www.twitter.com/3dnatee or you can visit my official site which is http://3dnatee.ning.com, there you can get all the info, new music, and access to exclusive events. AND like I mentioned before, at http://3dnatee.ning.com you can also tune into Na'Tee TV where you can watch me stream live on stage at all my shows, on the road, in the studio or where ever. I bring my cameras out with me and just go live. Also, besides in the streets, my MySpace page, www.myspace.com/3dnatee is where I gained my initial buzz. So u can always get in touch with me there.

Tae:
Thank you again for the interview, do you have any additional comments?

Na’Tee:
Yeah, just a shot out to everybody who support me and what I'm doing. I won't let you down baby! (Laughs) And thanks to you for having me.

No comments:

Post a Comment